Welcome to the heart of Summit County where Breckenridge is nestled between majestic mountains. Just 80 miles (129km) west of Denver and 104 miles (166km) from the Denver International Airport, Breckenridge is the mountain town everyone dreams of. Main Street is the center of Breckenridge with the Blue River flowing through the town. Your restful vacation offers countless opportunities for quality time with family and friends. What is there to do? Here are just a few thoughts:
- Breckenridge Trails offer spectacular views from your hiking trail or your bike path. Trails very in level of difficult, and you can choose a distance that is comfortable for you.
- Winter Activities include everything from taking a peaceful morning ski-run on the glistening snow, to exploring the backcountry by snowshoeing or cross-country skiing on trails. Sleigh bells ring as moon-lit dinner rides warm families hearts, and there is always the opportunity to jump on a snowmobile or discover the backcountry through an adventurous dogsled ride.
- Fall Activities include everything from hiking, mountain biking, and fly fishing, to taking part in a fall festival like Oktoberfest, the Wine Classic, or the Spirits Festival. You also might choose to simply enjoying the incredible fall foliage. Fall is an amazing time to discover Breckenridge!
- Summer Activities allow you to experience the fresh snow fall from the winter months, creating crystal-clear mountain run-off that feed Breckenridge’s streams, rivers, waterfalls and nearby lakes. Boating, Fishing, rafting, and Stand-Up Paddle-Boarding offer fun activities aside from all the mountain adventures on dryland!
- Dining & Nightlife can easily become a highlight in your vacation experience here in Breckenridge. With over a 100 restaurants to choose from, you very well may discover your favorite Mexican grill, Italian restaurant, or award-winning Steakhouse. Happy-hour and locally brewed beer are common among your favorite eateries too. Cheers!
*Shopping includes Art Galleries, Accessories, Toys, Clothing, Gifts, Sportswear, Jewelry, Freshly Baked Goods, and more.
- The Arts & Culture scene is humming in Breckenridge with creative and adventurous people who are enjoying a vibrant lifestyle. Breckenridge provides a unique mix of artistic and creative opportunities for people of all ages and interests. Through visual and performing arts, cultural heritage, craft education, culinary and healing arts, design, film and writing, the area offers opportunities for individual self-expression and creativity within a beautiful mountain backdrop.
- Kids Activities are everywhere because, well, families are everywhere. Here are several ways you can enjoy the area with those you love. A trip to Mountain Top Children’s Museum gives all-aged children a chance to learn and explore while having a good time. Stephen C. West Ice Arena and Breckenridge’s Public Skateboard Park are great places to visit, as well as the Arcade inside the restaurant Downstairs at Eric’s. Breckenridge’s Recreation Center offers the opportunity to splash in the pool, and concerts put on by live artists are a great way to spend some family time together. For a full list of activities, check out Breckenridge 365.
- Spa and Wellness is a wonderful treat for any of us. With Breckenridge being home to more than 15 world-class spas, the latest and most luxurious treatments are available. Whether you’re looking for cleansing and detox therapy, a body wrap, a therapeutic massage or a simple manicure and pedicure, it is all offered in Breckenridge. Options include romantic couples’ treatments, girls’ night out packages, full health and nutritional evaluations and children’s packages. While the ambience of your spa can vary from cozy mountain retreats, to fresh airy skies, to a treatment right in your own luxury home, your relaxation and renewal is always the focus.